The Northwest Oil Equipment Company grew out of the Nonwestern Supply Company, a manufacturer of a variety of forged implements, owned and operated by Martin Parries of Moorhead Minnesota. From 1944 to 1984, the Northwest Oil Equipment Company manufactured specialized storage tanks, pumps, nozzles and other equipment for use by service stations, and later, oil corporations. The company also distributed similar products manufactured by other companies, and also manufactured implements used in agriculture. At its largest operation, the company employed approximately 30 people and included as customers Standard Oil, Texaco, and Mobil. The company closed in 1984 when the last of its owners retired.
The records of the Northwest Oil Equipment Company include correspondence, financial ledgers, tax records, labor records, and miscellaneous subject files for the years 1962 to 1984. All materials are in excellent condition.