The St. Ansgar Hospital [Moorhead, Minnesota] Auxiliary was organized in 1955. Mrs. Harriet Geib was elected first president. The purpose of the Auxiliary is to support the work of the hospital “within the walls” supplementing activities of the regular hospital staff, augmenting services to the staff and patients that could otherwise be impossible, and to further public relations of the hospital. Activities of the Auxiliary include fund raisers, providing a professional hair dresser for the hospital patients, purchases of kitchen and office equipment for the hospital, spearheading county polio immunization for adults, and many more projects.
The records of the St. Ansgar Hospital Auxiliary include lists of charter members and presidents, history highlights of the St. Ansgar Hospital Auxiliary and a booklet explaining the Sister Mary Joseph Award.